Mold is a fungusliving in humid and wet areas. It easily finds its way into the nooks and crannies of kitchens. Mold growth on the surface can be easily identified and discarded. However hard-to-reach places like the cabinet bottoms often go unnoticed. It is thus essential to know how to remove mold under kitchen cabinets to have a hygienic kitchen atmosphere.
Why is Timely Mold Prevention Important?
Mold can cause much damage in terms of health and expenses if not addressed in time. Some of the significant harmful effects of mold are:
- Health Issues
- Damage to the Structure of the Cabinet
- Infestation across the House
How to Conduct Mold Removalat Home?
Mold removal is an extensive process of isolating, disinfecting, and adhering to several safety measures, including gloves and masks, to prevent direct contact. The essential tips are:
- Area Preparation: The mold-infested area needs to be isolated with plastic sheets and tape. Open windows to reduce mold spores in the air, and carefully empty the cabinets by inspecting each item. These need to be cleaned separately.
- Prepare Cleaning Solution: Prepare a paste of baking soda and water or an equal parts solution of white vinegar with hydrogen peroxide.
- Application of the Solution: Apply the solution in the infested areas with a soft brush or sponge. Scrub the surface with particular attention to crevices and corners.
- Post Application: After scrubbing, wipe the areas with a clean damp cloth. Wash frequently to ensure the cleaning solution and mold is removed correctly and to prevent the mold from transferring from the fabric.
- Dry and Inspect: Dry the areas properly. Inspect every corner and the items you place back for any signs of mold left.
If there is still mold left, the cleaning process needs to be repeated. Also, by identifying the cause of mold during this process, it is easy to prevent future infestation. Although most mold infestations can be handled at home, some extreme cases may need professional help.
If you are eager to address your mold issue yourself effectively, then head over to Cleany Home. The team is dedicated to offering the latest cleaning tips and tricks that are tried and tested to guarantee a spotless home.